Power Purchase Agreement
How does a Power Purchase Agreement work?
- Hudson Energy Solar will enter into a PPA with each customer. A PPA is a legal contract between an electricity generator and a property owner.
- The property owner will purchase solar energy produced by the solar PV system from Hudson Energy Solar.
- The customer will be billed monthly for their solar generated
- Hudson Energy Solar owns and maintains the system, monitors the energy production and sells the electricity produced to the host at a discounted price for the term of the PPA. Terms are typically 15-20 years.
- Hudson Energy Solar will retain all rebates, incentives, tax depreciation and credits as the system owner.
- Upon expiration of the PPA, the customer can assume ownership of the system as per the terms of the PPA.