Here are some energy saving tips for your business:
Heating and Cooling
- Make sure all windows and doors are closed during off hours, and only open when necessary during open hours.
- Consider using a heat recovery system, which can save up to 60%-70% of lost heat through your ventilation system through air-to-air exchange system.
- Use sunlight instead of turning on the heat, where applicable.
- Reduce air conditioner usage in summer.
- Open blinds and shades instead of turning on lights where you can.
- Replace incandescent with energy-efficient compact fluorescent bulbs.
- Use LED signage, monitors and holiday lights.
- Use occupancy/motion sensors for areas of your office to automate when lights shut off.
Equipment and Appliances
- Turn all computers and network peripherals off at day end.
- Use energy efficient devices and replace all CRT screens with LCD/LED.
- Use a humidity control system to control your freezers or cold rooms by a few degrees.
- Check for leaks in you compressed air systems.